Help! Event Setup for tethered slideshow and printing.

seth_samuel

<p>Hello all,<br>

I am going to be shooting portraits at a large event where the client is requesting a continuous live slideshow of the shots projected on a screen as well as 4x6 prints for the guests to leave with. Both these things need to be happening while I am shooting.<br>

My assistant will have a macBook pro and I will be tethered to the computer. Anyone have any ideas of how to do this and which software I should use? Aperture can do both, but I cannot open two apertures on the same computer and the tether cannot go to two different programs simultaneously.<br>

This is a last minute job two days from now. Any advice on what I need to execute this would be greatly appreciated<br>

Please HELP!!!!<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p>I think if you got a secondary monitor, Aperture could handle the printing and slideshow at the same time. There is a built in tethering in Aperture 2 under file->Tether->Start Session. I've never tried to run a slideshow while adding images, though, so I would want to test that first.</p>

<p>Do you have a backup camera and a large monitor or projector? If so connect your camera to the monitor/projector and play a slideshow from your camera. I do this at receptions all of the time if they have a large TV or projector.</p>