Nikon Censoring the Web

dezz_denisowic

<p>Curious things are happening here in Poland for the last few month Nikon Poland was closing down all Nikon related websites and forums !!!<br /><br />They started the censor campaign in response to growing popularity of the websites related with frustrated users expressing concerns with the their service center.<br /> one of the websites that had to change their name and domain was dedicated to the service center support:<br /><br />PolishNikonService > zoltyserwisfotograficzny.info<br /><br />the next on is a Nikon users board :<br /><br />nikon.org.pl > nikoniarze.pl<br /><br />now every website that has a board dedicated to Nikon is told to close it done or legal actions will be taken!<br /><br />I've been working in Poland for that past couple of years in marketing department where we use mostly Nikon gear.<br /><br />Had an opportunity to check out the authorized Nikon center in action and I can confirm with many many concerns of other users. <br /><br />the service is atrocious - cameras have to go back few times, two tree week for diagnostics, changing the rubbers on body+lens costs almost three (3x) they charge in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic centers<br /><br /> Don't read polish myself but that what translate.google.com is there for :)</p>

<p>I doubt that Nikon corporation or affiliated distributors have the authority or ability to "censor" the internet. Are you sure this isn't related to a copyright infringement issue or some other valid legal matter? Do you have a link to any reference related to this claim?</p>

<p>As far as I know, under a somewhat similar situation, Canon was trying to ban the Canon Rumor site because they were using Canon's logo, etc. But eventually Canon was not successful.</p>

<p>If people are not happy with Nikon Poland's service, they can:</p>

<ul>

<li>Get in touch with Nikon headquarters in Japan to complain</li>

<li>Switch to other brands. I think Canon also makes fantastic camera equipment.</li>

</ul>

<P>

If those are legit complaints and a lot of people do either or both of those I mentioned above, I am sure it will get Nikon's attention.

</P>

<p>If PolishNikonService and nikon.org.pl are the names, then it is hardly surprising Nikon forced them to change the names, as most people would think those were official Nikon sites. I the same vein I would not be able to create a new company called "Nikon Camera Poland".</p>