Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #18

Matt Laur

<p>Great pics this week everyone as usual. This week im showing is an old one from back home in virginia. A goose taking his fishing boat out on the lake (or so it would seem). Hope everyone enjoys.</p><div>00WOoh-241909584.thumb.jpg.54e406a809cf5159da2f36133c40801f.jpg</div>

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>hi everyone,<br>

has been a long time since i posted on this forum, but has been following every week, good job matt,<br>

excellent pictures this week,<br>

my contribution is my first attempt at an HDR photography, and also an attempt to take a good sunset picture<br>

hope you like it</p><div>00WOp3-241911684.thumb.jpg.260cfdfad37692c7c500cb8238ac09f6.jpg</div>

<p>I just keep coming back here...terrific images.</p>

<p>Sanford...great portrait!</p>

<p>Lil...incredible shot!</p>

<p>Mikhail...Thank you and...I love your shot. The Canadian Airforce, aren't they so cool?</p>

<p>Jens...love the scenery and sweet faces</p>

<p>Dieter...beautiful...the eyes really set it off against the blue</p>

<p>Anish...you never disappoint ...great image!</p>

<p>Vineet...beautiful colors and flow</p>

<p>Alpo...lovely moody landscape</p>

<p>Dave...1 lucky cat getting to model for what looks like a really sweet lens</p>

<p>Matthew... extraordinary...what else is there to say?</p>

<p>Kent...absolutely! A frog with classic taste.</p>

<p>Lawrence...timing was right! the yellows do amazing things for your subject.</p>

<p>Brian...wow...impressive. Great colors and treatment.</p>

<p>Happy Wednesday to everyone. A fine collection of photos again this week, as always.</p>

<p>First off, thanks to Wayne Ervine, Thomas Gerstendoerfer and Greg Kowalczewski for commenting on my photo last week. </p>

<p>I haven't been able to shoot anything new this week, so I had to choose something from my meager collection. I was playing around with my recently acquired 55mm f3.5 AI a couple of weeks ago and decided to experiment with the rather narrow DOF that you get at 1:2 magnification. As you can see, it's quite narrow indeed. This picture is definitely not technically perfect, but I like it for the almost "creepy" feeling it gives me. </p>

<div>00WOuN-241947784.jpg.d970ed361698c7afe65d8acba8747fee.jpg</div>

<p>Nice shot MAtt. I need to learn to carry my camera everwhere. Many times I pass by a quiet street where deer come out of the local forest preserve and invade people's yards. Great pictures all.<br>

My contribution for this week is a shot taken last Saturday in Wilmette, IL It's one of the columns surrounding Baha'i Temple. This is a very interesting building one that will certainly get your attention.</p><div>00WOv5-241953684.jpg.db7914f2a71f4909f4b30021ad8c3907.jpg</div>

<p>Holy cow! Unbelievable photos. They get better every week. I feel humbled knowing there is such great talent out there.<br>

This is a photo of an abandoned boat in Bodega Bay harbor in northern California. Pulled out my old Tokina 400mm MF because I knew it would be a soft focus photo. Wind was blowing so hard the camera just floated in the air. Actually I was pushing down on the tripod.</p><div>00WOvk-241959684.jpg.e46c098af3a3ed5e6b364a9e94c90bd4.jpg</div>

<p>Another terrific exhibition of photographic talent!<br /> Not much time for picture taking this week, so I'm forced to go to the archives for virtual "toast" to all the great images today! Took this last December in Copenhagen when I was there for the UN global warming talks -- I liked the way the candle was shining through the beer.<br>

PR</p><div>00WOwO-241963584.jpg.2177ef59d5e8929ec4ab6fcd10fa5058.jpg</div>

<p>Had to come back and look again - such fine photos each week. I look forward to it each week.<br /> Cannot comment on everything I like but will pick a few.<br>

<br /> <strong>Lil J.</strong> - being a fan of macro photography myself I really like the picture, a moment to wait for a capture quickly b/c it will not last long. Of course I also have the mental image of you rocking back and forth to focus while a bystander ( in my case it would be my 12 year old daughter) watches and thinks you might be just a little crazy! I look forward to seeing more of the adults.<br>

<br /> <strong>Grant T.</strong>- This is quite nice and I am relieved that the addiction is caffeine - an encrusted spoon brings dimmer ideas to mind! Of course if that was "nano coating" on the spoon I suppose it would be acceptable here.<br>

<br /> <strong>Michael M. </strong> - I really like all of the strong compositional elements here, the repetition of the stairways on the hills, and the placement of the out of focus surfers. Well seen. I feel like it has taken me a year with the D300 to get back to the point where I wasn't distracted by various aspects of gear & can have compostion resume it's number 1 spot. Of course coming from MF lenses on an FM3a I guess I can be forgiven. As such right now I find myself drawn to strongly composed images. this would be one :)<br>

<br /> <strong>D. Hinckley</strong> - The out of focus rendition of the 1.2 always catches my eye with the dreamy swirling look and I am doing my best to grow red valerian (Jupiters Beard) in my garden...cool find.<br>

<br /> <strong>Bill N.</strong> - I like the choice of softness and the composition is so strong with the placement of the ship and the repetition of the waves in the rolling hillside behind the houses. This is a real winner!<br /> And thanks to everyone else too - it is so enjoyable to look forward these images each week. There are many great pictures & photographers here.<br>

<br /> And thanks to <strong>Matt L.</strong> for taking over and starting off this great thread. I have really like the recent dog photos and couldn't have been more surprised by the chance encounter starting us off this week.</p>

<p>Greetings all,<br>

I was studying today's photos, wanting to send kudos to the best. But there are so many great shots, I'll just say "Thanks" to everyone for submitting this week. Wonderful photos that portray the people and world around us.<br>

My submission is of a guy who got down on all fours (okay, maybe just three) to get a shot of some friends he was with. He was behind me as I was shooting so I just swung around and <click>. He actually laid on his belly for the next shot. Okay, no brilliant colors or cool structures, just someone doing what we do. Sorry, but he was shooting with another brand.</p><div>00WP0S-241989584.jpg.7a6a13f717ac296bd2b279fbe85c6830.jpg</div>