Kerrick James - The Grand Canyon From Within

mountainvisions

<p>Sadly I didn't get to go to the Kerrick James event at B&H. Had it been another week it might have worked out, too much going on.</p>

<p>However, Outdoor Photographer has a nice little article by written and illustrated by Kerrick James.</p>

<p>it's available online <a href="http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/locations/north-america/the-grand-canyon-from-within.html"><strong>here</strong></a></p>

<p>Enjoy!</p>

<p>The lead photo and the photo of climbing down the waterfall were really good in there. Far superior to the typical canyon rim photo. I've never been out there, but if there's any way to get photos from inside that canyon, like down by the water as he did, I think that's a good idea just because it's apparently done less. That place is probably a treasure trove of passed-over nature.</p>

<p>For those of you who did not make it to the workshop, that article is pretty much what Kerrick James covered, minus a few comments about some of his other outlets for his photography and the sales pitches for Pentax gear. At least, that's what I recall from the 11am workshop. It may have been different at the later ones. The opportunity to meet Kerrick and Ned Bunnell was worth the trip, though. <br>

Sean</p>

<p>Na, he was real quick on that "no comment" line (re: questions about FF, etc.), but he did mention that Pentax (Japan) is listening. Pleasant to talk to otherwise, though. I discussed with him some of the challenges of some of my recent project and he made some suggestions based on some of his experiences. </p>

<p>Ahhh, the dream of full frame still grows strong in pentaxians...face it fellas, it's done! The 645D is FF, the K-7 is DA. That's it. And truthfully, not a single Canon/Nikon shooter would have paid a bit of attention to a Pentax FF camera, while the 645D has already generated rumblings of defection. Pentax did the right thing IF the 645D really does generate the migration that has been rumored.</p>

<p>Also, unless you start seeing FA mount lenses popping up, I don't see any chance of FA coming to market within several years. It took them a long time to fill out the DA line, almost 4 years. To think the FA line will come around fast enough to satisfy buyers anytime before 2013 is just wishful thinking.</p>

<p>If anything Pentax is showing that it has two systems with unique characteristics, and then we still have the mirrorless revolution upcoming for Pentax.</p>