controlling photo sharing via Facebook etc

<p>Jen & Maria, </p>

<p>What you both say makes good sense. I will encourage them to "like" me. I won't have hundreds to deal with (thank goodness) but it will be enough that I won't want to spend the time.</p>

<p>You've both been very helpful. Thanks a bunch.</p>

<p>Will </p>

<p>Besides, the more fans you have, the more people see you posting things, and the more of their friends see things.....<br>

AND you can use FB ads targets at fans & their friends (for pretty cheap) to run specials, draw in sittings, and more! :D</p>

<p>William,</p>

<p>The ability to post pics directly from zenfolio onto facebook is not so much a tool for you to post them, but rather a way for your brides to post them. YOU should post them onto your business page manually. But when THEY use zenfolio's little button to share photos, what happens is exactly what you said. It posts it as a status, and in that status also provides a link to your zenfolio page. I totally agree, I do not want to post my wedding photos for clients on my personal facebook page, since this is also where I share random stuff with friends... like pictures of my daughter and the like. Sorry for the confusion. What I would do is...</p>

<p>1) As Maria said, encourage brides to fan your business page on facebook</p>

<p>2) Post a small sampling of the glory shots from their wedding as a gallery on your business page, and tag them in it so that it spreads to all of their friends. Do so manually, and not through zenfolio. These images would have your studio logo on them.</p>

<p>3) After facebook pics were posted, provide the bride with access to their proofs on zenfolio, and urge her to share them with that little facebook button right from zenfolio. That will include a link to the rest of them, and you can market it to them as a convenience feature.</p>

<p>Hope that helps!<br>

Vlad</p>

<p><strong><em>"Hope that helps!"</em></strong></p>

<p>Tremendously, Vlad. Thanks so much for the follow-up and clarification.</p>

<p>I have to admit (with some embarrassment) that I never noticed the Facebook button in the Share options palette in Zenfolio. As Solon said, "As I grow old, I am always learning something." </p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Will</p>