searchable PDF instruction manuals for EOS film cameras

h_s1

<p>Anybody know if I can get hold of PDF instruction manuals (PDFs that can be searched electronically) for EOS film cameras? I tried google and was able to find PDFs for EOS 1N and EOS 3. I am not able to get hold of the PDFs for EOS 5 and EOS 50e though. Any pointers?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>I was wandering around that .de website searching for stuff and for some reason completely missed the link you posted. However, the PDF appears to be in Dutch (or German?). Further, is an image scan and thus not searchable. So no joy with this one, I am afraid.</p>

<p>EOS 1N has a serachable PDF available online and so I am assuming 5e would have too. Isn't the 5 a contemporary of 1N?</p>

<p>JDM: Yes, I know about butkus. However, I am looking for searchable PDFs. Butkus has most of them (all?) in non-searchable formats, as if they were scanned from printed ones. The HTML ones that I have so far seen do not have high quality graphics as the PDFs from OEM have.</p>

<p>I believe the original version of the .pdf file didn't suppport a search function. Later versions of .pdf do support the search funciton. Since the cameras you are interested are fairly old it is likely most pdf you will find are of the none searchable type.</p>

<p>Original PDF was/can be searchable. If the document was scanned and a bitmap-type image saved instead of converted to type, then no. However, with a full version of Adobe Acrobat Prof. you should be able to use its OCR scan feature and convert the doc to a searchable item.</p>