Canon G9 Dead

<p>I have a Canon G9, it worked fine for 2 years and then one day just didn't turn on.</p>

<p>I talked with some people at a local camera retailer/repair shop and they said this happens a lot with G9's. Obviously they wouldn't tell me what the cause of the "common problem" was, because they wanted to charge me $200 to fix it.<br>

I am wondering does anyone know what might be wrong? I was hoping I could buy the replacement parts and do the work myself.</p>

<p>My warranty is no more. I don't want to go through the hassle and cost of out of warranty repair.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Before I sent the camera away I would check the battery with my volt meter and see if I had dirty contacts between it and the camera ... apologises if you have already done this. Another option to to check with another battery, I got mine from BatteryBarn, my Panasoniuc equiv went on me awhile back but the Canon one still working well. Volt meters don't cost much either. Since you think you might be able to fix it yourself you must be a DIYer so hence my suggestions.</p>