What does (B) stand for in D700 NKR-D700(B)

uzay_ki_i

<p>Hello all,<br>

I haven't found any satisfactory answers via internet search, do you have any idea what does (B) stands for in NKR-D700(B) . Well, it's written under the camera in D700, there are 2 labels; one is for serial but the other label is where the NKR-D700(B) is written, i hope it doesn't mean that it's refurbished?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance</p>

<p>Hmmmm, i have the D700 and just checked, mine does not have a "B" anywhere on the bottom.<br>

Maybe you do have a refurb model, did you get it used or new from a store??<br>

Maybe you could check the actuations just out of curiousity.</p>

<p>Some vendors grade and mark sold equipment as A, B, C, etc. Usually price difference between grades is small. It does not necessarily mean that it is a used, demo, rental, or refurbished or repaired, stolen without proper papers, open box, returned from prior customer, - in somewhat inferior for whatever reason - reasons for this can be endless, as they never tell you that, perhaps?</p>

<p> If you purchased this camera for less than the market value, then perhaps you have your answer.<br>

Ask the place where you got it from.<br>

My D700 does not have markings like that. It was purchased as new from Adorama.</p>

<p >I have a D200, 300 and 700. The cameras were bought new in the UK from reputable dealers and all have a B in brackets as described. I find it inconceivable that I have been sold three sub standard cameras as new and do not believe I have.</p>

<p >Looking at the labels I am reminded of a marking on all the new Nikon equipment I have that seems to be a 10 year recycling symbol. I can understand the camera body having a ten year life but I am not happy if Nikon are suggesting the lenses I have invested in are expected to have a ten year life.</p>

<p>Refurbished Nikon cameras and lenses are NOT sold in the original retail packaging. So if your camera came in the original retail gold(?) box, your camera would be brand new, assuming you purchased from an authorized Nikon retailer. So if that is the case, as Wouter Willemse so eloquently put it, I would suggest you stop worrying about it and shoot some photos. ;-) :-)</p>

<p>Refurbished Nikon USA cameras and lenses are sold in a plain brown or white corrugated box, with a large label clearly identifying the product as "Nikon Refurbished Product". I suspect official importers in other regions would follow the same practice.</p>

<p>Just checked my D300 purchased new from Amazon USA and shipped by Amazon USA in Sept 2008. It has NKR-D300(B) on the bottom. My camera and grip were made in Thailand.</p>

<p>Just did a Google search. MIC is the Korean EMC certification. All this means is your (and my) camera meets a Korean electronics certification standard. Google is your friend!</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><strong>KCC/MIC - Korean EMC Certification</strong><br />Korea's "Electrical Communication Basic Law," requires EMC testing and certification for many electronic products. Korean EMC certifications are issued by Radio Research Agency (RRA), which is organized under the Korea Communications Commission (KCC). EMC testing includes electromagnetic emissions (EMI) and susceptibility (EMS). Certified equipment is labeled with the KCC/MIC mark and certification number.<br>

<a href="http://eng.kcc.go.kr/" target="_blank">more info (approval.rrl.go.kr)</a></p>

</blockquote>