Fill flash with EOS 7n and Speedlite 550EX

paul_heagen

<p>I finally found a 550EX flash but no manual. <br>

I want to do some fill flash work where I will meter the background and then have the flash fill the subject in the foreground.</p>

<p>I know that manual settings gives me the most control, but i want to run the ETTL system through its paces on some of the "creative" modes of the 7n.<br>

What are some settings to start with?<br>

I am planning to do a lot of Av shooting but not sure where I should set the flash itself since I don't have the manual. Also, depending on the setting, how would I adjust the flash exposure down (less flash) if that is what I wanted to do -- do it on the camera or on the flash -- and how?</p>

<p>Thanks for any help. (If someone knows where I can find a 55-EX manual, that would help. Most of the links referenced in earlier posts on this site are no longer working.)</p>

<p>Paul,<br>

I too had problems with trying to download the pdf file from the Canon Consumer website!</p>

<p>As a former Elan7e user, I went the extra step to find another place to download from and have it!<br>

I found one for you . . . check your email, and I will forward it to you.<br>

Jim J.</p>

<p>photonotes.org/eosflash. If you have the flash metering (in the camera) set to evaluative, some limited fill flash reduction is set for you, depending upon ambient light. In any case, experimenting with the flash compensation control will help. Plus reading the article mentioned. Also look up NEVEC.</p>