Nikon to micro 4/3rd's adapters; Any good?

wayne_crider4

<p>I bought two very cheaply on eBay, one from a seller named jinfinance and the other from one named rainbowimaging. Both are for lenses with an aperture ring, but rainbowimaging also has one that will work with Nikkor G lenses. The rainbowimaging adapter worked flawlessly. The jinfinance adapter got stuck on one lens and I had to slightly file down the locking pin (after briefly panicking about getting it unstuck). Now both work fine. They do allow focus beyond infinity, which is a nuisance, but I suspect the higher-priced adapters do that too.</p>

<p>I just received the Voigtlander Nikon F to Micro 4/3 adapter from 'rangefinder2008' on ebay. Shipment was quick for airmail, and the adapter is of a very solid metal construction. It cost quite a lot for 'a bit of metal' as it may be holding something that will cost 4 times it's value I figure it was worth it. I can't test yet as I haven't bought a Nikon lens, but will do soon. To confirm, there are no electrical contacts, so only manual focus and aperture controls. </p>

<p>Thanks guys.<br>

David my FD adapter came from Rainbow but it came out of N.Y. Now it looks like an overseas shipment. No problems with disconnecting the lens? The adapter looks like the one sold by Fotodiox and there has been some bad reviews on that brand of Nikon adapter where the lens is hard to disconnect. </p>

<p>I too got mine on Ebay and have had no problems with it what so ever. I think I spent $35 shipped and got it in about a week. It's been great, mounts perfectly to my lenses and the camera and I've had no problems with the focus.<br>

<a href="http://www.knowphoto.com/2010/02/review-nikon-lens-adapter-for-olympus-e-p2/">Ebay Adapter Review</a><br>

Adam</p>