Horseman VH Reflex Viewer

benny_spinoza

<p>Paul...what about critical focusing? Seems to me that I would still need to use a loupe on the standard GG. Also, my eyes are not what they used to be. Without diopter adjustment, I'm not sure how well I could focus with the angle viewer. By the way, your VH looks minty. What lenses do you use? I bought a "bargain" at Keh, but it looks not bad, and am getting a little work done on it by a camera repair technician. </p>

<p>Benny, my eyes <em>ain't what they used to be</em> either, I use cheapy 1.5x glasses for reading, but I have no problem using the Angle Viewer... I'm assuming the GG in mine is the factory one (gridded), but images clearly <em>snap</em> into focus.<br>

<p>My VH is in pretty good condition... not mint, but very nice. I just found four sets of infinity stops, so I'm waiting on the next full moon to index my lenses.</p>

<br>

I use the following lenses on my VH; 65 Horseman, Schneider 80XL, 105W Nikkor, 105M Nikkor, 150 Rodenstock, 180A Fujinon and 270T Nikkor. I use all of the same lenses on my Toyo 45A as well. The Toyo is fitted with a lens board adapter, so all of these lenses are mounted on Horseman 80x80 lens boards... neat, because the boards are so small.<br>

I used to have a recessed board for the 58XL, but movements were near impossible. The 65mm is quite limited in this regard as well, but what movements are available are helpful. I generally move to 4x5 for really WA stuff anyway.</p>