Suggestions for medium format camera needed

rifqi_dahlgren

<p>Thanks <a href="/photodb/user?user_id=2283473">Etienne Winkelmuller</a>. I got it from someone on a Swedish photography forum (I'm from Sweden). I've seen similar condition ones on ebay for around 1000 USD, though that would usually mean added shipping as well. I'm sending my dad to pick this one up, so no extra costs. I just hope that the seller didn't leave out any flaws. The waiting is always the hardest part...</p>

<p>A good and trusted place to look for Rolleiflex 2.8F, or 2.8E (or the 3.5 models) is KEH. I purchased several items including a Rolleiflex 2.8F and can write that their grading system is a benchmark; their prices are also comparable, and KEH has a return policy. E-bay is another place for bidding / buying, and there are some risks, e.g., the seller may not know the quality/condition of the item, and the grading system varies. My preference is KEH, and have no reservations in recommending KEH. I cannot write about selling gear to KEH as I have not sold any item to KEH.<br>

Roy Ramavarapu, 21 Oct 2014 </p>

<p><a name="00cu7i"></a><a href="/photodb/user?user_id=5757137">Roy Ramavarapu</a>, Thanks for the tip. However, I would have to add shipping costs to Sweden and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to pay some form of import tax as well. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to switch to a Rollei in the future though.</p>

<p>An update in case anyone is interested. Got the camera in my hands today and I absolutely love it. It's in even better condition than the pictures led me to believe and everything works great on it. The only thing I'm pretty sure I want to change in the future is the focusing screen. My eyes aren't the best so an acute matte screen to help me with that would probably be a good investment. Anyways, it's loaded with a roll of portra 160 and ready to go. Can't wait to shoot with it.</p>

<p>Congratulations Rifqi. Like I said you are now shooting with the legends.<br>

I definitely agree that the focusing screen is a must. I own the Acute-Matte with grid and split image rangefinder (42170) and it is a pleasure. Incidentally this is one area where the Hassy is superior to the Rollei. The Rollei's are darker.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>Another update. Got the first roll back the other day. I shot pretty much whatever just to test the functions but I like this one: <a href=" Waiting for the train Love the camera, it's a joy to use. Also managed to get an acute matte screen with split image for around 65 usd on a Swedish auction site, so I'm a happy camper. Second roll loaded and ready to go, though I'll be more patient and wait for good photos now that I know that everything works.</p>