<p>Hi<br>

I use a EOS1Ds MIII its about 2 years old now.<br>

Just today a bright line has started appearing at the edge of my images.<br>

This is just at the busiest time of the year too, how annoying.<br>

Is this a repair job and do I need to take it back to Canon?<br>

Its hasn't received any knocks or anything.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for any advice.</p>

<p>Andrew<br>

PS Will try to upload an image to show</p><div>00WD7R-235801684.jpg.f0decf9935e6bb2a1c838813c312cd51.jpg</div>

<p>Actually, since your camera has a vertical shutter(I have the same one), I doubt it is the shutter failing. Have you looked inside the body with the mirror up to see if there is something inside that might catch light? This is a rather odd occurrence and I would look for something physical first and then electronic. Are shooting in live view?</p>

<p>John<br>

Thanks for replying. I had a look with the mirror up because I had the same thought that you did, (well I suspected that a small piece of dirt was wedged under the mirror - if that was what you were thinking). It appears to have stopped for now and I will examine it again tomorrow in daylight to see if I can see anything. </p>

<p>You know, if it was a view camera it would be a light leak--possibly still is, but less likely(easy to happen!). Test in bright light pointing with light at back sides and front. Then, if it is still there, cover the camera in something dark and opaque as possible-except for end of lens and test it again. From there, you need to block specific areas of the camera--particularly around the lens mount until you find where it might be leaking--honestly can't think of too many places the body is split naturally, so around lens would be the most likely--check the mount to be sure it isn't loose.</p>

<p>I have seen this issue with one of my 1D Mark III when using a long telephoto (600mm F4). It was fine with any wide angle / macro lenses. Sent it back to Canon, they fixed it for free since it was still under warranty. The invoice showed that they replaced the shutter unit. What lens are you using ?</p>