Disney World

logos516

<p>Hello all<br>

I am new to this and I just wanted to know if anyone knows of good places in and around Walt Disney World to take Photographs.I have been down many times before but not as a Photographer.As a "SnapShooter" I have taken many Pic's but I really want to get some good shots this time. If anyone know WHO,WHAT, WERE,WHEN AND WHY Please let me know thanks for your time.<br>

Ed Logan</p>

<p>Ed - </p>

<p>Depending on what your interests and styles are - you can find plenty on the Disney property. </p>

<p>I've been to all their parks several times and have never been told to not take a photo. That includes catching a character with the bottom of their costume on, but the mask / head piece in their hands. </p>

<p>I don't bring pro gear so I blend, but I tend to look for the unusual or non-tourist shot. Epcot is good for this as is the Animal Kingdom. If old world Europe is more your style - then the Magic Kingdom. Old Hollywood - then it's the last park - used to be MGM Studios. </p>

<p>As for interesting things near the park - there's a ton of suburbia, strip malls, hotels, etc... most of the "wild" land is owned by the parks so not much to explore that I'm aware of. </p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>Florida is not a huge state between the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico coasts. From Orlando, if you are driving, you can catch the Kennedy Space Center on the east coast, or Tampa - Tarpon Springs on the Gulf coast. Just try a Google search for Florida sites in the central part of the state. It's a different story trying to go from Jacksonville to Key West ... one long, long drive.</p>

<p>Thanks alot ladies and Gents.<br>

I am going with my family and we are flying so I am not gonna be able to just take off and go on a photo shoot. I am gonna be spending most of our time in the parks (Disney & Universal) I know that there are the normal things to photograph but I was thinking if any one has seen anything out of the norm?I love to Phoitograph Nature & landscapes,I do like cool buildings. Thanks again for all the help and tips I will post Photos when I get back . We are not going till the 17th of july.</p>

<p>Hey Ed!<br>

I'd also be sure to allow plenty of time for the Animal Kingdom. While they don't stop long for photos on the safari ride, you can also schedule individual tours: <a href="http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/animal-kingdom/tours-and-experiences/">Tours at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park</a> include the <a href="http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/backstage-safari/">Backstage Safari Tour</a> and the <a href="http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/wild-by-design/">Wild By Design Tour</a>.<br>

And, don't forget all the beautiful flowers throughout all of the parks. Enjoy!</p>

<p>We literally have thousands of photographs from many trips to WDW. Does your family include children, and if so, what are their ages? One of my fav photos from WDW is my daughters under the Singing in the Rain umbrella at the Studios. Cool buildings can be found at the Studios. Actually, I think a lot of my best shots are from there. Interesting buildings are also in the various countries in Epcot. Many good detail shots with those.</p>

<p>The landscaping at Disney is just superb. Flowers everywhere and then there are the greenhouses where they grow lots of the food that is served in the restaurants. Check out the topiaries. </p>

<p>If you are at the Magic Kingdom, there used to be macaws in Adventureland. The last time I was there was 2 years ago, so they could have been moved. You can get some good photos of the animals on the Safari ride in Animal Kingdom, but not always. I've had better luck when we go on the earliest ones they run. And if you stay in Animal Kingdom Lodge, you can get rooms that open onto the animal park so you can see a lot of them up close.</p>

<p>One year we concentrated on finding Hidden Mickeys and photographing those.</p>

<p>I like looking for little things. You can get some interesting shots of things like the White Rabbit's door into the tree in Fantasyland or the little Cinderella fountain behind the castle, both in Magic Kingdom. The parades can also garner some interesting opportunities.</p>

<p>There are several Disney message boards. At least one of them has a section dedicated to photography at the parks. In the past I have gotten some very useful information there.</p>

<p> </p><div>00WgHF-252222284.thumb.jpg.6a93165fe542d7064db148278be31f75.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks Rebecca This is very helpful. I am going with my wife and 2 boys 12 & 13 so they are not really into getting there Picture taken LOL I will use your advice on pretty much all and will post some Photos when I get back really looking forward to this trip. Its my first trip as a Photographer. Again Rebecca thanks again for all the insight it will come in handy .</p>

<p>Ed, you're more than welcome. If you decide you want to do Hidden Mickeys, there is a little book about them that tells the locations of many, but not nearly all. Even with the book sometimes they are hard to find. My daughters are now 17 & 23. They have D50s and I have a D90. All of us love making photos and then comparing them. It's interesting to see how sometimes we see things so much the same and other times so differently.</p>

<p>Also, if you are wanting to make photos on the Splash Mountain drop or the Kali River Rapids, we borrow my sister's small waterproof camera we use on those rides. Forgotten what it is right now, maybe a Sony of some sort. It's kinda fun getting pictures from under the water, so to speak. I'm always leery of the Nikon getting wet, even with a waterproof sleeve.</p>

<p>Don't forget to think about night shots. Many of the buildings have interesting lighting and they look completely different than during the day. Plus there are the Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic fireworks shows.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Wgen-252517784.jpg.a65724d2b4924ed31c1b685da144aeb5.jpg</div>

<p>Awesome Rebecca I will and yes I have my night shots picked out for the most part as per we know were we will be that night . I was thinking of doing the hidden Mickeys.I have the D90 and I love it.I also feel the same way about getting it wet. My next camera is gonna be the Nikon D3s its got much faster shutter and Is made a bit tougher. I belive most everything else is the same.I am looking soo forward to this trip and I will post some pic's when I return. I love your Photo of Cruella de Vil awesome now this is what I am looking for. Thanks again Rebecca you have been awesome and I know we will be intouch again. As I said I am new to this site. Hope to speak to you soon .<br>

Ed Logan</p>

• 3 months later...