7D new firmware and upcoming lenses, 24-70L IS mkII?

<p>Down at canonrumors.com there is one rumor about a new 1.2.0 7D firmware to include code for upcoming accessories and new lenses. I've been in the market for a new 24-70L, did not buy during the rebate when the lens was 1349 at B&H and Adorama because of strong rumors of a mkII version, now both of those stores have lowered the price to 1329 with B&H having the imported version for 1279, lowest I've ever noticed. I also called my local canon dealer and they too are willing to sell me a 24-70 for 1300 MSRP, when before they had it for 1349. I am now willing to bet there will be a mkII version with IS and I will wait, since MSRP appeared to lower soon after the rebate was available for the lens.</p>

<p>If you're going to believe what they publish, ask them where the EOS 60D is!</p>

<p>The dedicated rumor sites are simply there to attract viewers and generate revenue from advertising. I doubt they care much about accuracy as long as they can drag in the crowds.</p>

<p>Just a side note, there was this <a href="http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=34904895&changemode=1">interesting post</a> on dpreview.com about the 14-24 wich has been a popular rumor for a couple of years. The main point of the post is that when Nikon releases a popular lens, Canon typically follows with a similar lens 3 years later. The Nikon was released in 2007. If Canon releases a a 14-24 I wouldn't be surprised to see a 24-70IS at the same time (if canon is working on it). Nikon did release its 24-70 at the same time as the 14-24.</p>

<p>Also interesting is that in 2008 Nikon and Sigma intorduced new 50mm F1.4 lenses.<a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/03/ef-50-f1-4-ii-usm-cr2/"> Not too long </a>ago Canon rumors had a post of a new Canon 50mm F1.4 that is in testing. Perhaps Canon decided it is time to fix the focus motor in 50mm F1.4 lens?</p>

<blockquote>

<p><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/03/ef-50-f1-4-ii-usm-cr2/" target="_blank">Not too long </a>ago Canon rumors had a post of a new Canon 50mm F1.4 that is in testing. Perhaps Canon decided it is time to fix the focus motor in 50mm F1.4 lens?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yeah, they did it only because there are people who follow our train of thought (i.e. that if Nikon releases a lens, Canon will follow.) The truth is that it is Nikon that actually releases lenses Canon has had for years...<br>

Canonrumors is a site trying to attract as many "eyeballs" for its advertises and make some serious money off gullible individuals who frequent it. They publish unbelievable crap and have never actually predicted anything other than "yeah Canon will release a camera in April, March, June, September, October, December or some other month, this year or sometime after that, and it will be 12,13,17,21,19,16,15,18 or 14 megapixels. Or maybe 23 or 29 or 39 or 36 or some other number of megapixels between 10 and infinity plus 1."</p>