Laptop Screen Color Question

<p>Got a Dell Inspiron Laptop the other day for work. Nice setup. Windows 7 dual core etc. Works well.<br>

Noticed that my images upon down load after shoot doesnt look as snappy.<br>

To catch up: I normally use my home PC. HP Pavillion, Top fuel Dragster. Quad Core, high end video card. along with this an HP 24" HD 1900x1200 monitor. I have it calibrated with a huey.<br>

With both monitors side by side, the Dell Laptop images look very washed out, dull etc. I calibrated the Dell with the Huey and it GOT WORSE. It took on avery green tint.<br>

I am willing to accept maybe the desktop isnt correct. Maye they are over satuarted. The images on the HP 24" are warmer, more saturated.<br>

Is is normal for Laptop displays to be this far off. Its a small screen. No high end video card. If it were only slightly diff. Id say OK, but these images are WAAAAAY off from one another.<br>

Anyone out there with experience like this, chime in. Give tips suggestions. I may be doing something very obvious. I shoot all day everyday and its been a long one.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>After trying for several years with two fairly high-end notebooks, I've given up on the idea of trying to do serious image editing work on a portable computer. I'm talking about Dell Precision M70 and M6300 Mobile Workstations. For me, the issue wasn't so much a question of color casts, saturation, etc. as much as the ability to hit a desired luminance target with the calibration. The colors always looked (and still do look) good. I use an i1 Pro spectrophotometer and i1 Match 3 software for both display profiling and generating printer profiles for the composite CMYK printer my company uses. It's strictly a hardware issue with the display and video adapter in my notebooks--luminance adjustments on these machines are very gross, on the order of increments of 25 cd/m2 to 30 cd/m2 per step. You really need to be able to fine tune to within 1 cd/m2 or better for good luminace control. What I'm saying is, even if the colors looked good, your hair will go gray trying to hit a luminance target.</p>