5D MK II

simon_t1

<p>I've seen many portraits and loved them, just wish to see some macro with the 5D. I already own a 50D and intend to keep it and think I might add the 5d II with it. Its different than the 50D (sensor size etc).</p>

<p>Here’s a handheld 1:1 macro shot with the 180L on a 5DII. ISO 800, if I remember

right, and the 580EXII bounced off the shower curtains. Couldn’t have gotten the shot without live view; there wasn’t anywhere near enough room between the eyepiece and the bottom of the tub to stick my head, even if I wanted to.</p>

<p>Cheers,</p>

<p>b&</p><div>00W918-233857584.thumb.jpg.9ca16cd0954ac482282786b5f3625cf6.jpg</div>

<p>The only difference I see in using a 5D (or other full frame camera) is that macro "technically" is defined by the image of the subject being the same size or greater than the subject itself. With a larger sensor, you can take a photograph of a larger subject and still call it macro. Shooting the same subject with a cropped sensor would make the image smaller, which might mean it's smaller than life size.</p>

<p>Not sure what all that actually means, but it's the only thing I can think of which makes the term macro vary from camera to camera.<br>

I think technically any contact print is "macro" as it's a 1:1 representation of the subject.</p>