Konica Minolta Scan Dual IV and Windows 7

<p>I recently upgraded (?) my PC's to W7. I have a KM Dual Scan IV that I have been using with XP. The KM drivers are not compatible with W7. Does anyone know of/have a work around for this? I use very little 35mm, so would rather not buy Vuescan. Any help is appreciated.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Gerry</p>

<p>Good luck. It's discontinued equipment from a manufacturer which dumped the line several years ago. I had a similar problem with a KM Scan Multi II on Vista. My solution was to resurrect an older PC with Windows XP, and run the scanner on it. Like you, I don't do a lot of 35mm work anymore, so it was a relatively cheap solution to an otherwise unsolvable problem. Minolta support is now in Sony's domain, but I don't think you'll get a lot of help there on this issue.</p>

<p>Yet another vote for Vuescan.<br>

After giving up on the Minolta software I used Vuescan on an XP machine with the Minolta drivers. I had the occassional problems, but could never work out whether it was the fault of the drivers or Vuescan.<br>

When I moved to a Win 7 64 bit machine I installed Vuescan, letting it drive my Scan Dual IV. Since then it has performed far better than in the past. Obviously the problems were on the Minolta drivers.<br>

As it works fine on 64 bit, I'm sure it will also be OK on 32 bit</p>

<p> </p>

<p ><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=510022">Flávio Sganzerla</a> <a href="../member-status-icons"></a>, Mar 31, 2010; 08:51 p.m.</p>

<p >I'm using Minolta IV with Windows 7 x64 and if I remember well, I tried this method:<br /><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.fixya.com/support/t372531-minolta_dimage_scan_dual_iv" target="_blank">http://www.fixya.com/support/t372531-minolta_dimage_scan_dual_iv</a><br />No need for Vuescan. Hope it helps!</p>

<p > </p>

A " Big Thanks" to Flavio, for his help and patience. My Scan Dual 4 is now up and running in Windows 7.

Gerry

<p > </p>