Problem with mamiya 7 meter

jay_chadney

<p>I just bought a user Mamiya 7 w/ 65 lens. I had a 7II previously. This camera has a problem with the light meter. When in A or AEL, the far right arrow in the viewfinder blinks no matter what changes I make to any exposure settings. When in manual exposure mode, the meter does not indicate the correct shutter speed I need to be at.<br>

I have only found one person on the internet that posted a similar issue. He never found a solution, but determined that it had to do with his 65mm lens, as his 43 and 150 metered just fine. This doesn't make sense because the meter for the camera is in through the lens......<br>

Contacts are clean, new batteries have been tried, etc. Has anyone ever had this issue? Did you get it fixed?</p>

<p>You are wrong, the meter is not TTL. Actually it's the little window just above the lens. I have had a 43mm that showed the same problem not continuously but from time to time. It was a lens circuit starting to fail that caused it. Since this was a used lens I just returned it and got a nice offer for a new one that I still have. I suggest you do the same....</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>I've been frustrated by this problem for years! Thank you John, your eraser trick solved it! I had no idea it was something to do with the lens contacts - after giving them a rub with a drafter's eraser, I realized just how dirty they had become. I'm unbelievably happy to have this nuisance solved. A thousand thank yous for pointing this out.</p>

• 9 months later...