How to remove foreground?

rohitn

<p><strong>Hello All,</strong></p>

<p>Last week i went to zoo and was trying to remove the foreground (fence) I was using 70-300mm VR lense on Nikon 90, and also tried on 60mm F2.8 Macro lense too.<br>

Some examples are welcome.</p>

<p>Rohit</p>

<p> </p>

<p>With the combination of the D90 and 70-300 Nikkor (DX sensor, slow variable aperture zoom), you'd find it difficult to completely blur out foreground or background distractions. You'd need at least an f/2.8 or faster lens, preferably a telephoto, and plenty of distance between the in-focus subject and the surroundings you want to throw out of focus. Even then, under the best of circumstances, an intervening fence will still be somewhat visible if only as an odd looking blur or artifact.</p>

<p>Experiment with this online depth of field calculator to get a better idea of the various factors involved in accomplishing the effect you want: http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html</p>

<p>Given a subject magnification, the farther it is from the background and the wider the aperture used, the more blurred background.</p>

<p>You then need to have your subject as big a s you can on the screen (zooming or getting closer), to use your widest aperture, and to frame trying to fill with the farthest background. If results are not what you`re looking for, you are limited by gear.</p>

<p>Another cheaper and comfortable solution is to work on it at the postprocessing stage.</p>

<p>It's not worth the effort, IMHO. Sometimes you can get close enough to put your lens through the fence or right next to it and with a far enough away subject and the right aperture, it will work, but mostly I find it more fruitful to find another position.</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

Thanks everyone for response. But sometime it hard to find a good spot or just make a trip to Africa :)<br>

I know how to blur background but never seen anyone posting/asking how to remove foreground, and find it challenging too.<br>

I will post photo today.</p>