3 dots on photos with 40D

todd_torfin

<p>Call your closest camera repair facility or pro camera shop and ask how much they charge to clean your sensor. If that's too much then look into the DIY remedies, it's not too hard. One place locally charges $120, that adds up quick of you have more than one camera or you need it cleaned often enough.</p>

<p>Its most likely dust on the sensor,there are cleaning kits you can use to swab the sensor itself, but if you have camera shop close by, you would be better off to let them clean the camera, as an average it runs about 40 bucks to get a camera Digital type, cleaned where I live, it is recommended to have them cleaned once a year, I tried cleaning mine, myself, and I only made it worse, but that being said it was my own fault , as I did not buy a swab kit to do the job. The sensor is easy to access but, it is also easy to knock other foreign material down into the focus screen area and other places as well, So I will never have mine cleaned by anyone but a pro from now on, The truth is had I been more careful , while changing lens , I would have been able to avoid the emergency cleaning, a day before I was to shoot a wedding,</p>

<p>If they are dust (and it seems likely), I'd suggest a search here (or on the Internet) for "sensor cleaning". There are plenty of easy-to-use systems. It's a bit scary at first, but I firmly believe it's simply one of the skills a digital photographer has to learn.</p>