Travel Tripod Recommendation: Canon 40D

verona_b.

<p>Hi,<br /> I have been going crazy with researching travel tripods for my Canon 40D. I will be doing a lot of travel this summer with a telephoto lens and wide angle lens. I don't want anything too heavy. I have narrowed it down to a Slik or Feisol. Plus money is tight, so I cannot afford more then $200.<br /> Any last suggestions from any photographers out there ? Thanks in advance for the advice.</p>

<p>Assuming you're talking about the Slik Pro 613 or 713 versus one of Feisol's "Standard Class" tripods like the CT-3401 or CT-3301, I'd go with the Feisol. Weight is comparable, but the Feisols have larger diameter tubes, which means they will most likely be more stable and better able to dampen vibrations. If you prefer lever locks, I have the Velbon El Carmagne 640A legs and I like them a lot.</p>

<p>Unless your budget is $200 for the legs and a ballhead, in which case the Benro mentioned above is probably just about your best bet. About the only negative I could see with it is that it has 5 leg sections, which means the bottom section is going to be about 1/2" in diameter, or about the size of your pinky.</p>