Rolleiflex 2.8E and Fuji 160C problem

dimi3

<p>Dear all, a strange problem occured while loading my Rolleiflex 2.8E with Fuji 160C. While loading the camera with the film I did everything according to the manual - I passed the film through the taking rollers, fixed it in the take-in spool, closed the back door, and started winding the crank. The counter did not show the first frame, and I winded the film till the end. I have tried other Fuji 160C film and the problem repeated. After that I have loaded camera with FP4 - everything worked fine. An interesting detail - Fuji 400, Neopan and Ilford worked fine with my camera. Does anyone have an idea what can be the reason of such a fault. Thank you.</p>

<p>The rollers you pass the film through measure the thickness of backingpaper, film and tape at the start of the filmmaterial. It would seem Fuji 160 is just thin enough not to trigger your camera to "sense"the start of the film. The mechanism is probably just slightly out of adjustment.</p>

<p>In my Rollei the only film that gives me problems is Fuji. It has such thin tape that it doesn't trigger the feeler roller. My favorite film is Fuji ACROS so I fixed it by putting one layer of masking tape around the feeler roller. Cheaper than getting it adjusted.<br>

dennis</p>

<p>You could also cut a piece of masking tape to the right length, then open the film in a changing bag/darkroom and put the tape on top of the original fixing tape, to make it thick enough to trigger the counter.</p>

• 3 weeks later...