alienbees

maddog50

<p>Hi, Will a Alienbees B800 and the Sync cord that comes with it, work on my CF Hasselblad lens? If so should i use my light meter to determine the settings? I emailed Paul Buff but it seems they werent quite sure. Thanks </p>

<p>Mark </p>

<p>Any flash with a standard PC socket connection will work on your CF lenses. As for exposure measurement, you will a flashmeter to get an accurate exposure. Either that, or go back to the tried and true formula f/ stop = GN/Distance. Unless you have the GN for the flash, you will probably need a flash meter to calculate it anyway.</p>

<p>Sure it will work with a sync cord, and yes you should use a flash meter to determine exposure. But man, see about getting a radio slave if you can swing it. Doesn't need to be something as fancy as a Pocket Wizard. Adorama sells a radio slave kit that's nothing more than a remote trigger for about $40 and it's worth it. I've used it and man, not being tethered to that sync cord makes all the difference in the world. Click <a href="http://www.adorama.com/FPRRS.html">here</a></p>

<p>It's a good idea to purchase flash cables with long tips from Paramount for use with an Hasselblad. The old, "C" lenses work best with a long tip beveled on the inside. Newer "CF" lenses work best with a long tip beveled on the outside, because there is an O-ring on the lens to grip the outside of the tip. CFi and CFe lenses have a spring clamp which holds the tip firmly. Most other cables have a short PC tip, which don't stay in place on the lens very well.</p>

<p>Get a tip straightener from Paramount along with your first order. Always have two cables - consider them consummables.</p>

<p>Thanks Everyone. I have a remote switch that I got from Flebay. Its a RF 602 but doesnt come with a sync cors to plug into the lens. Can I just buy a snyc cord for the transmitter? I have a PME90 for the Blad which has a hot shoe. Will that work?</p>

<p>Mark</p>