I've heard of people microwaving their film (I'm serious), but I

haven't seen any information about this technique. Does anybody here

have experience with microwaving film or know where I could find more

info on the topic? I didn't find anything in the archives or with

Google. (Again, I'm serious about this. It is not a troll.)<br>

<br>

I'd certainly appreciate any help with this. Thanks!<br>

Matthew,

Never heard about microwaving film. To what purpose? To dry it?

I know that Ansel Adams (and now many others) used to microwave his test prints to dry them quickly so he did not have to wait for them to dry naturally so he could examine them properly. There is a great scene of him in the documentary that they show in Yosemite where he carries a dripping wet print from his darkroom into the kitchen to microwave it. No kidding. I'll bet Mrs. Adams loved that!

'Hypering' film in Hydrogen has nothing to do with removing water from it. The hydrogen sequesters any free oxygen in the emulsion, and this improves the light sensitivity.<br>Hydrogen is a reducing agent, the same as developer, so think of it as giving the developer a leg up.<p>As for microwaving film: This sounds like somebody's idea of a gag. Heating film in any way before it's developed is generally a bad idea.<br>I'm pretty sure that microwaves aren't capable of affecting silver halide crystals directly, they'd simply create heat in the gelatine of the emulsion.<p>Nice crackle-finish film, anyone?