Capret studio. Is this the best remedy?

<p>My studio is carpeted (i know..) and I need to be able to shoot full length with the backdrop pulled over the carpet. Is the best solution to put wood underneath with a sheet of plexi on top of the paper? Do you know if the plexi will interfere with the light? Is there another material I could use?</p>

<p>What to you want to see under the subject's feet? A reflection, or a continuous surface that matches the backdrop? Are you using muslin, or seamless paper?<br /><br />Paper, if it's on a hard surface like plywood, will still eventually show foot prints, scuffs, and tears. That's why it comes on a large roll, and is relatively inexpensive. Just build the cost of a few feet of the paper ($10?) into the cost of the shoot.<br /><br />You might also consider sections of linoleum from the home improvement store. It's available in various widths, many different textures, and can also be used upside down for a non-gloss finish. You can paint the back, too.</p>

<p>The plexiglass would show as a glossy surface. Whether that matters depends on how many lights you're using, and how you have them positioned. For example, a hair light that would normally cause a small puddle of light on the floor might cause a very relective hot spot, depending on the angle. It's strictly about the visuals. Plexi is going to have a very different texture and reflectivity than the paper, and only you know if that's the look you're after. Most people only put down sheets of acylic like that when they're depliberately looking to capture a reflection on the floor.</p>

<p>Mr. McManus...</p>

<p>Have you thought of slipping an office chair mat under the fabric or paper placed where the people will be standing? Some of them are on the larger size and stiff, some smaller and flexible. The larger stiff ones might work and they are light weight, cheap and easy to find. </p>

<p>A. T. Burke</p>