New D90 - loving it!!!

steveritchie

<p >Morning.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >So I’ve just upgraded from a Fuji S9600 to a Nikon D90 and I’m loving it!!</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I’ve added a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D AF Lens alongside the 18-105mm VR Kit Lens and just picked up a SB-600 flash. I managed to get the remote flash working, which is great and opens up some nice options.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Apart from the obvious exceptional quality and great low light shooting of the D90, I’m loving the standard battery which it comes with.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >The main frustration of the Fuji S9600 was the awful battery life. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve wanted to take it out, only to find that the batteries were dead. </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Now I’m actively playing with the D90 most days and often reading the manual before bed!!!</p>

<p > </p>

<p >I took the D90 out earlier this week for its first outing and took some pics of my friends band in Palmers Green, North London. (<a href="http://www.photo.net/photos/SteveRitchie">http://www.photo.net/photos/SteveRitchie</a>)</p>

<p > </p>

<p >So, I just thought I would say “hello” and introduce myself. I look forward to reading about some interesting ideas and experiences in the coming months – hopefully I can contribute something too!!! J</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Many thanks and happy creating!!</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Steve</p>

<p > </p>

Welcome Steve, nice band shots. I photograph a lot of coffee house performers and solo musicians. I use the 50 1.8 (manual) all the time as well as the 85 1.8 (older AF). I like those because wide open they are good to go. Looking foward to more musician shots and like Enrique said "Wednesday Pic", it's motivating.