RE: Pentax Software comes w/ K7 camera...

tammy_snyder

<p>Perhaps someone can answer this before I ask the company...<br>

I have tried twice to install the editing software that came with my new K7 camera but it keeps telling me it's encountered a problem and needs to close and offers to send report.<br>

Anyone have this problem and know how to correct it?<br>

Thank you,<br>

Tammy</p>

<p>UPDATE:<br>

I have actually installed it...it just won't open.</p>

<p>Hi Tammy,<br /><br />I had exactly the same problem but found a solution out on the web (as always)!<br /><br />Hint: make a .txt file and copy/paste the text below into it (but avoid the " signs at the beginning and the end, respectively)! Replace User name with the one of your user account in Windows that you have told your computer about, save the file, and then change the extension of the file to .bat and run it!<br>

As an alternative, you can go the hard disk address on your own and delete the file manually (make sure that hidden files are visible to see where to go). The file gets deleted, and whenever it gets back again and creates fuzz, you can delete it again. <br /><br />"@echo off<br />echo.<br />echo.<br />echo.<br />echo This will take away the file CheckInfo.ini to be able to run the Pentax Digital Camera Utility 4!<br />echo.<br />del "C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Local Settings\Application Data\Pentax\Digital Camera Utility 4\CheckInfo.ini"<br />echo.<br />pause<br />exit" <br /><br />That is how to do it! I hope this will solve the problem for you as well!</p>

<p>Hello Tammy.<br>

I had the same problem with the 'Silkypix" software back in July when I got my first K-7. I just bought another K-7 earlier this month and the software has no trouble loading and running. I remember how frustrating it was, even though Lightroom is my main file processor. I would be more than happy to send the CD to you by any method you like. I live in central Virginia. I hope you had luck with the "fix" that was listed.</p>