Just got a Summilux 24mm 1.4 lens

<p>Series 7 (or Series VII) <em>is</em> a standard filter size. They are unthreaded, and only have a metal rim. They are held in by retaining rings, or in the case of this lens, sandwiched into the hood assembly. There are no conventional filter threads on this lens, the hood threads onto external threads.<br>

Leica sells Series 7 filters, as do B+W.</p>

<p>Series VII <strong>is</strong> a standard size that was very common before the manufacturers converged on a limited number of thread sizes (it is a drop-in requiring something like the hood or an adapter to hold it). You <em>may</em> find that a thin 52mm filter will fit the slot, it has been a good number of years since these were my standard, but I recall there was one size that worked in both systems.</p>

<p>Yes, that's the right filter for the 24 Summilux on an M8. It says the filter factor is 1 - no light loss from the filter. Your lens will still operate at f/1.4. Your shutter speed and/or ISO might have to compensate a touch.</p>

<p>Actually it says the filter factor is 1+ which is not zero light loss, but only the slightest loss. So wide open you might be shooting at f/1.5 instead of f/1.4, for example. For practical purposes there is no significant effect.</p>

<p>Hey! My first wife gave me a new 35mm f1.4 Summilux (classic) for my birthday. New lens. Nice gift. I still have the lens but not the wife. Have fun with that 24 Lux. 'Probably at the top of my list of wanted lenses. No chance my current wife will give me one of those but we can dream can't we. Good shooting out there.</p>