Nikon FM2 - which bag?

john_doe112

<p>Easy: Domke f-5xb. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Domke%20F-5XB&N=0</p>

<p>I own three Domke bags, and this one is perfect for when I only want a single body and one or two lenses. Extremely well made, a classic look, and very functional- easy access, and for your purpose with just one attached lens, the moveable single partition can be placed so that there's just enough room for your phone, a few rolls of film, and a small notebook. There's also a large, flat pocket on the back of the bag for papers, maps, what have you. Plus, the shoulder strap can be removed and the bag carried on your belt, or, on an accessory Domke belt (scroll down on the link). This description might make the bag sound as if it's a larger bag, but the reality is that it is quite compact.</p>

<p>An added positive for me, at least, is that Domke bags are still made in a nation that is a democracy, and that manufactures under relatively very progressive labor, environmental, and human rights standards, and that doesn't manipulate its currency for additional trade advantage. I believe that it's important to "vote with our pocketbooks/wallets", as corporations and politicians have been amoral at best concerning these issues. However, simply on physical/aesthetic merit, these Domke bags are great!</p>

<p>Don't laugh--a cloth lunch bag. I got the idea several years ago during an infrequent trip on Metro. A man got on carrying what I later learned was a very common insulated cloth lunch bag. Since I always like to have a camera with me it hit me that the lunch bag was a pretty good disquie. Not nearly as conspicious as a single male carrying a dipper bag. I have carryied one ever since. I once went off and left my D200 with the fifty and a 14-24mm sitting next to the coffee despenser in a convenience store in downtown Houston. It was several minutes later at the bus stop across the street when I realized I did not have the bag. I rushed back just knowing that it would be gone. It wasn't. Had it been a camera bag I would have been buying a replacement.</p>

<p>I use a Domke bag with my FM2N, and love it. It's bigger than you need (fits more than just the FM2 and 50mm), but it's quite small (zipper bag with one pocket, came with a "splitter" to turn it into two pockets). I got a tan one. Very well-made, and good classic look. It fits my FM2N, one or two small primes, and I squeeze a microfibre cloth and some film in there too.</p>

<p>I pack mine in a small medic bag (M3 style similar to: http://www.tacticalsupply.com/cart/images/FA108.jpg), picked up from an army surplus store (not kidding). I think I may have spent $15?!</p>

<p>Holds the FM2n comfortably, plus, when needed, the 105 f2.5 and 28 f2.8 with a 52mm filter. Plus it doesn't look like there's a camera inside :)</p>