EF 17-40mm f/4L availability

hakhtar

<p >Is Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L in short supply in the UK? I have ordered the lens from a Hong Kong based online outlet that gives the impression of operating from the UK; for example, by saying that they ship all their items from within the UK. Well, five days have gone and they are still ‘processing’ the order, without letting me know why is the delay! </p>

It's probably worth cancelling the order if they are not being helpful. I've bought from DigitalRev on eBay a few times, they

have an independent web site and you could even find them on facebook. Their prices are good and some items have

turned up in under 48 hours from ordering.

Warehouse Express show competative prices, but my experience with them is that you need to check availability before

ordering. Check out Calumet too.

Hope this helps.

<p>As I said, this company is based in HK but claims operating from the UK - that is why I have ordered from them. They keep saying that they are 'processing' the order. It is unbelieveable that an item could not be packed and dispatch within five working days!</p>

<p>Phone Warehouse Express and check whether they have one. If you order over the phone it's usually next day delivery. I've bought a few things from them without problems. I've no other connection with them! Or DigitalDepot at Stevenage - they are a little cheaper. I recently bought a s/hand 70-200 L from them without problem.</p>

<p>What online store you have ordered from?<br>

I ordered a lens from a 'UK' store that I believe it's essentially a Hongkong based company (and there's a "Singapore" mark on the lens box). It was not a scam, but delivery time is not the fastest. My lens was dispatched on the 6th day after I ordered, and arrived at 9th day in France.</p>

<p>Despite (I suspect) previously imported from Asia, it was sent from UK via DPD as I could track every progress of delivery. It's important that the parcel was sent from an EU country so I didn't have to pay any taxes. </p>

<p>I received the lens in a good condition as described, but I don't think I would buy again from such companies. </p>

<p> </p>