5D Fireware update

hakhtar

<p>Hi Mus,<br>

I think the way you should look at this question is;<br>

updating to 1.1.1 will give you the following benifits.<br>

Click the link.<br>

<a href="http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eos5d/eos5d_firmware-e.html">http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eos5d/eos5d_firmware-e.html</a><br>

is adding these features a benifit that you will use?</p>

<p>If no don't do it.<br>

If you are going to update the firmware (flash the the bios) of the camera follow each instruction to the letter.<br>

Good luck.</p>

<p>Kieran.</p>

<p>It adds support for CF cards larger than 8GB and some other, minor changes:</p>

<ol>

<li>It now supports high-capacity CF cards.</li>

<li>It allows the latest lens names to be recorded in the Exif information of images taken.</li>

<li>It adds lenses that are compatible with the Digital Photo Professional 3.2 lens aberration correction function.</li>

</ol>

<p>While it's often a good idea to not be the first one to install an update (let the others bleed on the cutting edge), you might be among the last ones to install the update in this case. In addition to any stated benefits, it's also good to be aware that the updates sometime include fixes that they don't bother to tell you about.</p>

<p>Well, this update has been available for two years so any bugs should be well worked out. I did the update years ago. I didn't notice big differences, but I thought is was worth it to have the latest firmware. Not sure how long Canon will continue to have this upgrade available, and I suspect it may be harder to find in future years if you want it later.</p>