Case for Mamiya RZ67 system

dave_kemp

I've acquired a Mamiya RZ67 system consisting of one RZ67ProII body, one AE prism finder, one magnifier, two film backs, one left-hand grip holder, and seven lenses (longest lens is 250mm). Probably the only item that will be added is flash (don't know which one yet). I'm in the market for a good, stout, well-made case for both storing this system (I live in a very dry climate) and hauling it around safely in the trunk of my car and elsewhere when the need arises. I've been considering the Tamrac Strongbox 646 "Unlimited" Camera Case (B&H $205) and the slightly larger Tamrac Strongbox 648 "El Grande" Camera Case (B&H $230), but would be happy to consider other suggestions. I'm asking for recommendations and comments from those who have experience with cases for such a system or a similar MF system. Thanks.

I've got a similar situation (big outfit) except with a Mamiya 645. I'm using the Tamrac 652 Rolling Strongbox with complete satisfaction. When I pull up the handle, I get a perfect place to put my flash bag and then I just walk away pulling the whole thing. Also, the 652 is nearly twice as wide as the 646, and you'll need the room for your lenses. Good luck.

• 2 months later...