Thoughts on a train

ken_chi

It's not the poor scan I'm worried about, it's the dull photograph. When will people realise that a picture of the back of someones head is boring. Why not photograph his face?

'Thoughts on a train'.....more like 'dull photo of mans head, but it's black and white so it must be art right?'

I have to agree. But then again, getting in someone's face to take a photo is one of the scariest parts of doing documentary photography. You have to either be a confidant person, or be a sneaky sneak. I prefer the former to the latter, but I'm still learning to get it right.

Ken, I really liked this one. I like the composition, the lighting and

feeling the image gives me. Although, I too am known to

photograph people from behind, and I enjoy the impression it

makes, if not on others but myself, and you probably feel the

same way. You obviously took the image how you saw it, and it

represents your experience in the same way.

If this is your style, don't change it, just improve it, day by day.

Thanks for sharing<div>003jIK-9414484.jpg.50bf01aaabec0f7c8e9c506f023cd871.jpg</div>

I must dissagree with the previous comments. I for one like the composition. It gives a sense of loneliness to which I think both the anonymous back of the head as well as the large empty space on the right only add. Of course I don't know what you were going for but that is how I read it. Thank you.

Thanks all for the kind and honest comments! This is where I find photography the best thing ever happened to me still. I remember reading somewhere that once the photographer begins to justify why he took the shot, or the shot, then he already lost the photograph.

I don't wish to justify my shot, as I think technically it could be better, such as composition, lighting, scanning and that's why I appreciate comments that may improve the shot that seems dull to some.

When I saw this old man on the train, I felt almost a saddness from what I saw. Just a fact of life I guess that we all age, get old, and yet still travelling to places. He almost seemed to be having a reflective moment as he was watching the scene passing him by on the other side of the window... Something about that touched me and made me thought about my grandpa...

I will try and get some front shots and post it to share next time! Thanks all!