Just received: My first real macro lens

charles_clark1

<p>Charles, when you first get a macro, it's amazing how many things you'll find to try it out on. I find myself looking at old photos and thinking, "now why did I take a photo of the tip of that bottle opener?" But they are lots of fun. Enjoy! And remember to share your photos with us.</p>

<p>It's a great lens but it does take some getting used to. Tripod to me is a must and a cheap wire shutter release too. I'm not so sure why it was mentioned to use live view, I don't have live view on my 5D. I do have it on my 7D and my old 40D, but not on my 5D. This is why you really understand the DOF. Good luck, v/r Buffdr</p>

<p>I had all the intentions of shooting some samples last night. Life got in the way. Perhaps tonight...<br>

BTW, my motivation for buying the lens is my enjoyment of photographing mushrooms. Here in Alabama, we have a ton of different types of mushrooms in many different sizes, colors, and shapes. <br>

In addition to the new lens, I purchased a off-camera flash cord and a circular reflector. </p>

<p>I have to say a real macro lens is lots of fun. I'm starting to get a small collection now, my original was a Tamron 90mm that I used with film. I recently added a couple more and as I get up to speed with my dgital SLR I know they will definetly be well used. I'm sure I'm also going to be adding a couple more.</p>