580ex ii wireless

maddog50

<p>Hi, I bought a RF-602 wireless system and am trying to get it to work with my 580ex ii on a Canon 1DS MK ll. The camera will fire the flash remotely but it must not fire at the right time as all the pics show no signs of a flash. I have tried it at diferent speeds and there is no difference. The transmitter is in the hotshoe and the flash is on the receiver. Is there a setting that I am missing? I have the flash set to manual. Any Ideas. Thanks </p>

<p>Hello Mark.</p>

<p>I dont know the 602's (had a look on line) but suspect one reason for the exposure failure is that the trigger and receiver are set on different channels.<br />Normally these units have a few channels you can select. This allows for a number of setups for different togs/shots being done in close proximity of a number of flash units being used in different sets/studios<br />I would start from the point to verify that your camera and flash fire (mount flash on camera).<br />Then check the channels on the units to make they are the same then test fire but looking at the flash from an angle (dont look full on into it ...doh.... :o)) ) You dont say if you are metering? You may be way off on aprerture and it can look as if the flash is not firing (dont meant to teach your granny how to suck eggs.)<br />With your trigger did you get the cable attachment to wire the camera directly into the unit that holds the flash?<br />If so I wold test this to make sure the unit is not faulty!<br />Do you have the option to fire the flash from a button on the trigger to check the signal is being passed to the receiver.<br />The batteries in the trigger and receiver are OK/tested? You may need jewellers screwdirver to open the unit. One of my remote triggers does not have a cover and when packed in the bag it appears the button was being pressed. Which drained the battery in the transmitter. The receiver was fine. Changing the battery resored it all to life again for me.<br />If all the above fails RTFM... :o))<br />If that fails I would go for a replacement.</p>

<p>Good Luck.<br />Be interested to see how you sort it.</p>

<p>K.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I don't know if this is even related to your problem or not, but I had a similiar problem with my speedlite. There's a problem when it's set on manual and then on master mode. You may want to check out this link: </p>

<p><a href="http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=490061">http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=490061</a></p>