2-22" Dell 2209 or 1-24" Dell 2410/HP 2475?

<p>The 2209 seems to have wonderful reviews but it doesn't go up to 1920-1600 resolution.<br>

I am a monitor hog and need space.<br>

I heard tech issues with the Dell and HP (yellow tint/line -- although the line is suppose to be faint) and it's so much more than getting 2-22" at the Dell outlet.<br>

Any help will be appreciated. I do want the better screen for photo editing besides other graphic design work.<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I have been very happy with a lot of Dell equipment. I use a high end Dell laptop (M6400) for location shoots (and tether it DSLR for instant review), and I have an older 2408 Dell LCD Monitor that is very pleasant. Don't forget to buy the service plan. I wouldn't say that for any other company, but having the service plan with my laptop has been priceless and worth the extra expense.<br>

The Dell 2408 can be swiveled into portrait mode which is great for retouching in photoshop. For photography, I would definitely stick with LCDs that can swivel into portrait mode, which the 2410 does, they even have an illustration on the web site. Also the 1920x1200pix resolution of both the Dell 2408 and 2410 are helpful. If I weren't spending money on lenses I would probably go for a Dell 3008 which does 2560 x 1600pix resolution. </p>

<p>http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-8277</p>

<p><br /> </p>

I got an HP LP2475w a few weeks ago. Out of the box, it had a faint green tint on the left side and a faint pink tint on the right. After profiling with the Colormunki, it's greatly reduced to the point where I have to look for it to see it. Hopefully it doesn't get worse over time. I've read HP is good about doing replacements, but there's no guarantee the new one will be any better (and supposedly you only get to swap it once).

<p>Savitri: You will also need color calibration hardware. At a minimum you should purchase a Pantone Huey Pro to go with your monitor. As Jerry noted, you need to check your LCD monitor carefully when it first comes out of the box. Spending the extra money on the support package enables you to get direct phone access to support techs and quick turn around on a replacement if you don't receive a good one from the manufacturer.<br>

http://www.pantone.com/pages/products/product.aspx?pid=562&ca=2&s=1<br>

It looks like the Dell 2410 with its 1920x1200 resolution and $599.00 list price are compatible for your computer and within a good price range.</p>

<p>I haven't heard about yellow problems with the Dells, but there is a long thread on their support forum of people with the same green/pink problem as the HP. The 27" iMac has the yellow problem. I get the impression that all the large 24-27" IPS LCDs in this price range seem to be having these sorts of problems. The Dell rep on that forum claims that they only check the screen in the center, so technically their screens are within spec even if the color on the edges is off. Needless to say, there are some angry responses to that. It wouldn't surprise me if HP is the same way, but there's very little info in the HP support forum.</p>

<p>A comparable Eizo display costs three times as much; I think now we know why. I can live with mine the way it is at the price I paid for it.</p>

<p>Martin, the U2711 is a bit steep. I am getting a Macbook too this year and so I need to find the best for the buck -- less or at $2,000 (I am shipping the Macbook to an APO address and with the military discount, no tax and free shipping, I'll be saving a few bucks and will use this money to get my calibration tool).</p>

<p>I do hope to make some money off of my purchases, more in graphics than photography but hey, a lot of moms have asked me to take pics of their kids lately and so who knows, I might do that once or twice a month. I want to still enjoy photography as a hobby (a dang expensive one too, ha!).</p>