GPS unit with a passthrough 10-pin connector?

mab

<p>Is there a Nikon compatible GPS unit for 10-pin Nikons (such as the D3{x,s}) that has a passthrough standard 10-pin female connector? I want to be able to connect my own contact closure-type shutter trigger (such as from a PocketWizard) with the GPS connected at the same time.</p>

<p>The Nikon GPS doesn't quite do the trick here; you can connect a D70-type remote release, but that uses a different (proprietary) connector.<br>

Is there a unit on the market that can do this?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Have you considered using a GPS logger and attaching your GPS data to the photos afterwards? That's how I do it. $30-$50 for the GPS logger that you clip your your camera strap or leave in your pocket, and the software I use (Geosetter) is donationware.</p>

<p>OK, it looks like the Dawn Tech unit is the one to go with, although that bluetooth device looks promising as well.</p>

<p>Joseph, that's certainly an option, but really prefer to have the location recorded in the raw files. This is simply tradeoff between cash and convenience, and in this case I think convenience is winning...</p>

<p>Paul, does your Dawn Tech GPS have a compass and report orientation?</p>

<p>Thanks again all.</p>