Canon EOS 5D MK II and Zoombrowser 6.3 question

isline_cleary

<p>Good evening<br>

I took delivery of this baby today and shot a few pics.<br>

I then uploaded the CD to my PC (Windows Vista). Now I have a wee problem...<br>

I also have a 5D Classic. Uploaded the CF card from this camera, able to edit in the (new) DPP software - no problems<br>

However, I also uploaded the CF card from my 5D II. (I made sure I formatted it in the camera first). Upon opening Zoombrowser, I get the following messages: "These images are not supported by RAW Image Task" and "Selected folder is not supported by DPP. Select a different folder in Zoombrowser EX and then try starting DPP again".<br>

What is the problem here...?<br>

Does DPP version 6.3 not support "older" CF cards...!? It's a Sandisk Extreme IV 4GB which I have used successfully in my 5D classic. Remember, I DID format it in the 5D II before I started shooting.<br>

Any advice would be most welcome<br>

robert7111a </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Probably something wrong with the card itself. I use several generations of CF cards from 4 different EOS in my FW reader. No problems with the latest versions of DPP and ImageBrowser.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>All my cards worked fine in both my 5D and 5DII in the latest versions of DPP and ImageBrowser. I even have a few 1GB cards from 4 years ago that work fine. When I updated from 5D to 5DII I simply reformatted all the cards and continued using them in the new camera. No problems. </p>

<p>I just checked and my version of DPP is 3.7.2. What is yours? It can't be 6.3 unless you're in a time warp and are really from 2013. My copy of ImageBrowser is 6.4 so your ZoomBrowser 6.3 is a about 1 year behind the current one. Could be your problem> Why not update to the latest versions. It's free and only takes a few minutes.</p>

- Robert Hunter

<p>Just get the friggen updates to the next generation of Canon apps and there's a good chance your problems will dissappear. Why keep living in 2009? If that doesn't fix it, maybe you have permissions and/or preference corruptions to fix.</p>

- Robert Hunter

<p>I'm not sure what the problem is but yikes! A quick check at the Canon site shows that zb6.2 could handle the 5DmkII and that zb6.4.1, vista updater, was released in 09/2009. Perhaps it's more a 'feature' of the Vista operating system rather than zoom browser itself.</p>

<p>Pheromones, whining and free advice be damned then! So at least now you know. As I mentioned earlier, a repair of permissions and preferences often fixes abnormal behavior. Maybe try another computer?</p>

- Robert Hunter

<p>Extracted from a link I found on dpreview:</p>

<p>"The way I understand it, Canon has abandoned RIT and it will no longer be updated to handle the newer cameras. I think so few people used it that they decided to just concentrate on DPP.<br>

So newer versions of ZB still have RIT, and it still supports the 40D and earlier cameras' RAW files, but not the 50D or the 5DII. "</p>

<p>Users there suggest DDP, or some other raw converter is only way to get them.</p>

<p>What Gary writes is true, but nevertheless ImageBrowser will open 5DII an d 7D files and allow you to view as individual files, slideshows, peek at EXIG data, etc. In fact if you use EOS Utility to upload from a CF card it will by default open 5DII RAWs in ImageBrowser/ZoomBrowser. You just can't directly convert RAW files to TIFF or JPEG anymore. HOwever it has a menu command to "Process RAW in DPP," so ImageBrowser is designed to work in tandem with DPP.</p>

- Robert Hunter

<blockquote>

<p>Abnormal behaviour? I assume you mean the PC. I'll try afresh in the morning</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Of course I mean you--correction--the code on your hard drive. Sometimes a simple reboot clears out flaky software problems. If not, clear PRAM and bust out the disk doctor app.</p>

- Robert Hunter

<p>Robin<br>

I formatted the CF card in-camera before I started shooting<br>

After shooting I inserted the CF card into my card reader. All the images downloaded (as normal) onto my hard drive<br>

So the answer to your question is "no".<br>

So as puppy face mentions, the latest Zoombrowser software won't allow RAW conversion (but I still don't understand why)<br>

Now I'm trying to open with Adobe Bridge without success but that is getting off topic now...</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Now I'm trying to open with Adobe Bridge without success but that is getting off topic now...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Nay, close enough. Hopefully you don't have CS3 as Adobe doesn't support 5DII RAW in older apps. You Need CS4 and the latest RAW driver at that.</p>

- Robert Hunter