Kodak Panoram No. 1 and No. 4D

<p>A rough indication would be to measure the distance from the lens to the film plane. Insofar as I can interpret the Kadlubeck listing for these, it could be Rapid Rectilinear and/or Achromat 120mm f/10?<br>

This is my interpretation of<br>

"Rap. Rectilin/Acrom. 10/120" for the 1, and just "Rapid Rectilinear" for the 4D.</p>

Hi Peter,

There's a PN member who has a lot of experience with panorama photography and I think he has this model!. Look for member Doug Grosjean. Try searching the forum grosjean + kodak panorama. I'm sure he'S posted with this camera a couple times discussing the operation and use.

Good Luck!

<p>I'm not home, or I'd look for the info on my Panoram. Off top of my head, I'm not sure which one I have, but it can shoot 120 film if I respool the film onto 620 rolls. I think that's a No. 1, but not certain.</p>

<p>For focal length - if it's not listed anywhere, you could take a photo of an object of known height and known distance, measure the resulting image, and trig it out. I did a series of photos like that on my Widelux, not to find focal length, but to figure out what distance the focus was fixed at, and to see what was a good distance for an adult person.</p>

<p>I bought my Panoram in 2007 from Ritz vintage cameras in Phoenix, via mail order. Since I couldn't inspect it, I sent them film and had them run it through the camera and ship the exposed rolls back to me. I developed them, looked them over, and bought the camera. Since there's only low-speed shutter and high-speed shutter, it wasn't that big a gamble. Purchased specifically for a trip down the length of Route 66, with my 11 y/o son, in a Jeep in July that summer. Camera worked great, produced some work I'm really proud of.</p>

<p>And yeah, I'm the motorcycle enthusiast. And whitewater kayak enthusiast. And unicycle enthusiast.</p>