28mm Nikon shift on a Kodak dcs 14n

<p>I read the article by David Rosenbloom regarding the modification he performed on a 28mm Nikon shift lens in order to make it work on a Kodak dcs 14n, a camera body which extends a little bit too much both on the lower and upper parts.<br>

I had someone look at the camera but he told me that: <br>

"The silver wheel that adjusts the shift on the lens is not held into the threaded shaft and therefore it will completely unscrew, please tell me how this is fixed to the shaft so it doesn't come off."<br>

file:///Users/george-andrewmakridis/Desktop/00DRBj-25490084%20copy.jpg This is the picture.</p>

<p>Can some one tell me what could be the solution to making a 28mm shift on this Kodak body?</p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Your picture isn't showing because your URL points to your own computer.</p>

<p>Anyway, I had the lens (reversibly) converted by a repairman. He took the old knob out and inserted a thinner one he made himself from plastic. Works, but it made controlling the lens more difficult since it's harder to apply the same amount of torque to a thin plastic knob.</p>

<p>I don't recall getting the colour shift with that particular lens, but some other lenses (e.g. regular 28/3.5) produced buckets of it. With 28/3.5 PC & 14n combination, at full shift you have to stop down heavily, as wide open the image quality in corners is very bad. But with a moderate shift and f/8 - f/11 the results are excellent as long as the light is good (the usual 14n behaviour)</p>

<p>Hannu, thanks for your reply.<br>

If I am not mistaken the f/4 28mm pc works better in terms of color shift than the f/3.5 28mm pc?<br>

Second, it seems that the only problem of the lens not shifting on the dcs is the diameter of the knob( the new plastic knob being thinner and not at all shorter in length). <br>

Am I correct?</p>