battery grip question Nikon vs. 3rd party

stefan_feicke

<p>Hi there, <br>

I am currently thinking about buying a battery grip for EN-EL4a batteries. Is there any overview about the original one MB-D10 and different suppliers though? I found one with an IR remote control and one with a display with the option of seetting up interval pics etc. Any hints are highly appreciated.<br>

Best regards from germany<br>

Stefan Feicke</p>

<p>It is not a clever of the manufacturer to make a grip with interval options for cameras with build-in interval options.<br>

I have had a Phottix grip, but that can't stand in the shadow of the original: plastic, to weak for on a tri-pod, to weak to get a good grip on it and sometimes it did disconnect.</p>

<p>I just took delivery of the Flashpoint version of the MB D80 (Adorama house brand made by Meike -- http://www.adorama.com/INKMBD80A.html - they also have a MBD10 equivalent: http://www.adorama.com/INKMBD10A.html?searchinfo=mbd10 that gets good reviews) -- I can't compare it to the Nikon version since I don't have one handy, but it fits my D90 perfectly and works as advertised. Seems pretty solid, and has a nice rubberized grip and the adapter to use it with AA batteries. Since it's almost $100 US less than the Nikon version, it seems worth serious consideration. I don't know about the IR and timer options...<br>

Good luck.<br /> PR</p>

<p>Just got a Ziekos for my D300. I am impressed for the money. It was not an essential piece of equipment for me so 3rd party was an option. Looks very good. All bells and whistles work. Except for the remote that needed a battery. Canadian Photographic is sending me a new one. Nikon did not have a remote, not that I wanted one. <br>

Tomorrow I try it on the job. </p>

<p>Can'r go wrong with a Meike just replaced a no name I bought from one of the big camera Co. on THE auction site. Not having all the above grips for comparison its a good possibility most of the GOOD after market grips are made by the same manufacturing co. and sold by different retailers. </p>