EOS 7D and cropping

gerhard_hofmann1

<p>I have enjoyed my 7D since that day it came out and have found the samething. Nail the the exposure and crisp and clean. under expose and pay for with noise.<br>

<br />My copy of the 7D also had no problems with AF. I keep being amazed how I can lock in focus in low light. I upgraded from the XTi(400D) and it always seemed to hunt in low light. I can't say the same for the 7D.<br>

I would say for me, that ISO up to 1600 is useable. Again that is for me, with a little noise reduction in PP and I am happy. <br>

<br />Great shot and really shows how well the 7D can perform.</p>

<p>But that isn't really just an issue with the 7D.<br>

I mean, it's not like you would get worse image quality just because it has more mpixels.<br>

The senor works a bit different and the biggest fear was that cranking up the mpixels would increase the noise but Canon pretty much succeeded in building this away with advanced electronic designed sensors and chipsets.<br>

My main issue with 18mpix is that I fill my memorycards so darn fast ;)</p>

<p>I agree correct focus and exposure helps :-) lol ... but the 7D magnifies every little mistake -just this little bit more than every other EOS I had. Noise and sharpness .... both increase when a heavily cropped image is printed ... both look okay when you use the whole 18MP</p>

<p>Compared to other EOS bodies http://www.hofmann-photography.de/html/zoom-in.html</p>

<p>The last two roes are mainly 7D pictures<br>

Regards Gerhard</p>

<p>Diana,</p>

<p>I don"t care to much about noise but for me from 800 - 1600 the 7D is 1 stop better than the 50D. If you print the file and don't compare the pixel level the difference is even better. The 7D ist the first xxD body which will push the 1Dxxx cameras out of my camera bag. lighter very good handling and IQ fantastic battery performance and easy to charge the batteries in the car .... perfect for going on a long trip. I even can add another spare body and still safe cash and weight.<br>

Regards Gerhard</p>