Lightroom Calibration Profiles: What do YOU use?

ryan_smith10

<p>Hello everyone! I recently formatted my computer but forgot to save the calibration profiles I had added to Lightroom. They had assisted in retaining the saturation (primarily warm colours) in the imported photos from a Nikon camera, much more so than what is provided by Lightroom 2.0. For those of you who shoot Nikon and use Lightroom, do you know of where I can find additional Calibration Profiles to download? If not, do you use the default settings or have your own home-brewed formula?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Through a bit of research I've answered my own question, but I thought I'd post it here if anyone else had the same issue and was looking for an answer.</p>

<p>This video describes what they're used for, benefits, etc: <a href="http://www.lightroomkillertips.com/videos/download.php?file=lightroom_cameraprofiles.m4v">VIDEO LINK</a> <-direct link to video 18mb</p>

<p>Page with link to download calibration profiles for Lightroom 2.0+ (fixing saturation rendering from Nikon cameras to lightroom - or at least that's what I use it for): <a href="http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles">Labs.Adobe</a></p>

<p>I hear with Lightroom 3.0 they've greatly improved the rendering, but it being in beta I'll wait until maximum stability.</p>

<p>I build my own calibration profiles. I use the X-Rite Passport taking an image of the product in each different lighting situation (if possible). I then build profiles for each situation and apply those to the image. For $100.00 it really is, in my opinion, a useful product.</p>