Manfrotto Tripod Service help

jonee

<p>Does anyone know where in America I can send my Manfrotto tripod for service. It probably needs to be taken apart, cleaned and reassembled. I probably also need the head serviced too cause my 322RC2 Joystick's trigger appears to be slowly moving away from the body of the handle creating a gap where I can see the spring. Any ideas? Also, do you guys know how much this usually costs? If its expensive I might just rather get a new tripod. Thanks for the help</p>

<p>It sounds like you need to repair a joystick head, not the entire tripod. The head unscrews from the column, after you loosen three set screws in the platform under the head.</p>

<p>The head has an adjustment for the spring tension on the grip. Perhaps that just worked loose with handling. There's nothing to wear out (but something might have broken).</p>

<p>There's not much in a set of tripod legs that can't be taken apart and cleaned up at home. Most of the Manfrottos I've seen would require only an 8 mm. socket or nut driver, and a couple of allen wrenches. Most of the problems I've had with my Manfrottos were with things loosening up, and requiring retightening or readjustment. If junk got into the legs, they are easily to remove, disassamble and clean. Do them one at a time, and you'll have the others as a guide to proper reassembly.</p>

<p>If the alternative to having it done is replacing the tripod, the risk reward ratio favors you considerably if you get the tools and try it yourself.</p>