Nikon LS-2000 Settings

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

<p>hi Dave.. <br>

i just purchased one my self and set it up last week. do you like yours? how are your final prints? such as an 8x12"<br>

it seems easy enough to use but am not happy w/the way they are printing out. i scan my negative, adjust it w/the nikon software, save it to thumb drive and i finally took it to the corner walgreens for a test run. i wanted an 8x12. i got it back and it seemed extremely grainy. grainier than what it looks like on the computer monitor or even the original 4x6 when i got it originaly developed. when i bring my negatives in to be developed and enlarged to an 8x12 i get much smoother clearer results... and i use very fine grained film so i know it's not the film. have you had any issues with excessive grain noise w/your printing results? i'm assuming that looking at the date of your post here that you should be well settled into your scanner and results by now.</p>

<p>Karl Wertanen</p>

<p>With Vuescan my suggestions for the newer LS-5000 are at www.jingai.com/scanningguide/<br>

<br />I try to make as few adjustment in the scanner driver as possible. NikonScan also does a nice job with slide film. I disable all the color corrections within the scanner software but use ICE and multisampling.</p>