LR Export help. . .

I'm using LR on a PC with windows XP pro. I just noticed that all my exported files and folder are created as

read only.

I can burn the images to a disk, i can even down load them off the disk, but i cant make any changes to them. I

can not figure out what is causing this.

Does anyone have any idea?

I have tried to deselect the "read only" check box on the folder once it's produced and the files are exported to

it but that does not help. I've also tried creating the folder on my desktop and on the drive to see if that

changes anything, it did not. . . i tried burning the images only to a disk with no folder but that does not

help either. . .

I need to be able to export the files, burn them to a disk and later down load them and work on them again. . .

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help. . .

Tony

<p>I'm not sure whether or not you mean you can't edit the exported images in LR. When LR exports an image, it's doesn't put the exported file in the LR catalog, therefore, LR doesn't know it exists. To work on an exported image with LR, you have to import it just like any other image that's not in the LR catalog. </p>

<p>If you want to pick up where you left off with an image, let's say on a different computer, you can copy your LR catalog onto some sort of media (I usually use an external drive, but sometimes a flash drive). Then, I load the catalog from the media into the second computer, then 'tell' the copy of LR that's on the second computer where the catalog is, open the catalog, and work on it.</p>

<p>The catch: when I go back to the original computer, I must replace the catalog that's on the first machine with the 'traveling' catalog, or I lose any 'traveling' edits. AFAIK, there's also no other way to be able to undo any changes - when LR exports, it 'flattens' the file, making any edits up to that point permanent (on an exported file only, not the original file that's in the catalog).</p>

<p>Another possibility is to tell LR to make a backup copy of the catalog on an external drive, and use that drive as your 'traveler'. Again, you'd have to replace the catalog on the first computer if you made any edits of an image or additions to the catalog with the second computer.</p>

ever since LR came out i've always exported images, burned them to a disk and sent them to my stock agent. I sent a large number of files off the other day and they called and told me the images are there, they can down load them from the disk, but when they try to save the changes, the can not because the files are locked and wont allow edits. . .

I cant tell if it's something with windows xp or if something got changed in LR, or if it's my burn software, or my media, or what. . . the problem is i've checked everything and dont recall making any changes that would have locked my images once burned . . .