Padded camera straps for using 2 bodies during a wedding day

jackie_boldt

<p>I'll second the Up-strap. The broad rubber pad fits well around the neck and will not slip off the shoulder, which Domke's will do after a while, even the postal pad accessory Domke sells. Up-straps now come with QR clips for when you use a tripod or hand grip or long lens with its own strap. But I have replaced them all with the Up-strap , installing extra QR ends on the teles, so I just switch the strap over to the easiest carry.<br>

The only thing is you have to keep your shirt or jacket snugged up--the Up-strap won't slip but the weight of your camera and lens can cause a shirt or jacket to slide off your shoulder.</p>

<p>OpTech and the like are too bouncy--plus they are more prone to slipping.</p>

<p>Have you considered a dual-camera harness?</p>

<p>Since July, I've been using the $35 Op/Tech Dual Harness:</p>

<p>http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=87#</p>

<p>I highly recommend it, especially if you're already a fan of Op/Tech straps and connectors. My cameras already have Classic Straps, so I bought some #9 Uni Adapter Loops ($7 per camera set) to allow more connection options and length adjustment.</p>

<p>When I need to use the harness, I simply disconnect the neoprene shoulder pad from each strap and snap the straps to the harness. When I need to use a tripod or flash bracket (mine's a CB QRS-H2), I disconnect the strap near the camera, and let the pigtails dangle. Clicking in and out is a breeze, and the tripod plates stay on the cameras. It's comfortable for hours, even with heavy bodies and lenses. It also works well for girls (the web page and YouTube video show this).</p>

<p>The BlackRapid and CameraSlinger straps were tempting, and some here may like them, but hanging the cameras upside-down by a single screw in the tripod socket is less adaptable for me and lacks redundancy. For about $50, the Op/Tech harness with your choice of connectors is a bargain.</p>