D-LUX4 / Viewfinder / Diopters

nathan_tia

<p>Hi all,<br /><br />Can't seem to find any answers online and I can't believe this hasn't been asked before with all the DIY fixes and accessories in the camera world. I am wondering if anyone has a fix for the lack of diopters for the brilliant viewfinder?<br /><br />Yes, eye glasses is a fix. But for someone who hates wearing glasses when shooting, is there any other solutions? A third party viewfinder perhaps? <br /><br />Nathan </p>

<p>Zeiss turret viewfinders are pretty nice. They have a step-less diopter adjustment, can go from 25mm to 135mm, parallax correction and very bright. (Ultra precision) Wouldn't look too bad on top of a D-Lux4.</p>

<p>I heard that many film directors had these around their neck in order to sight the possible focal length usage for the next scene.</p><div>00VMFT-204429584.JPG.0661017affb0f849c41b984629ffe5e9.JPG</div>

• 5 months later...
<p>I recently purchased Voigtlander 40mm viewfinder and solved the dioptre problem by fixing, with black tape, a +2 dioptre viewfinder lens (from a Pentax 6x7 prism finder) to the (rear) eyepiece of the brilliant finder. This is quite neat and works perfectly. I also found that placing my reading glasses in FRONT of the viewfinder I not only had perfect clarity but that also the viewfinder image was considerably enlarged - I guess to about 80%. I am thinking of a way to DIY mount a 2 dioptre lens to front of the viewfinder.</p>