Disneyland/World Equipmemt Question

luke_cobrae

<p>Does anyone know what Disneyland/World uses to transfer their photos wirelessly? I know they use D200's, if you've ever seen the "Picture People" walking around they have a sling that is connected to their camera, about the size of a graphing calculator. I suspect that is what is transferring their photos to a server. <br /> I know its done wirelessly, I was at a hotel, where we sat next to where they take pictures, and the photographer NEVER left his post, but some other guy came and delivered our pictures to our table to "proof."<br /> <br /> Any ideas? I've looked at the Nikon WT-1-4 series and that's not what they're using.</p>

<p>Thanks,<br /> Luke</p>

<p>Luke -</p>

<p>I'm not 100% certain - but there is also some kind of a bar code reader attached which at most venues will do the photopass processing / tagging too. </p>

<p>My guess is that it is a 3rd party wireless transmitter / application that sends the photos to the central server and then prints them.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>Sounds like they're using Wi-Pics (<a href="http://www.unitedimagingsolutions.com/">http://www.unitedimagingsolutions.com/</a>), either the original version or the new Wi-Pics mobile. I tested the original version, and found that when it's configured properly (not an easy task!), it works quite well. The unit includes a CompactFlash card sized interface which you insert into the camera, with a wire leading to the transmitter. As your camera simply sees the CF card, it is compatible with most cameras which use CompactFlash. Not sure about Wi-Pics Mobile, but the original Wi-Pics is considerably larger than a Nikon WT-4. As Luke mentioned, it's about the size of a graphing calculator. </p>

<p>I was at Disney World a couple weeks ago, and struck up a conversation with some of the PhotoPass photographers. As I understand it, they're still using D70s because of the wireless rig. I don't know the make of the equipment, but it has some custom programming that is specific to the D70 in some way.<br>

BTW, I heard from a couple of the PhotoPass photographers that they're all due to get D90s within a month or so. The needed programming changes and/or new wireless equipment to support the D90 are ready. Sounds like they can't wait. The Hollywood Studios park is set to get the first shipment, or so I was told.</p>